On the weekend of April 21-23, 2023, over 50 Arrowmen gathered at Camp Baker for the Tsisqan Lodge Service Weekend. The annual event is free for dues-paid lodge members, continuing a long-standing lodge tradition of providing service to the council’s flagship camp.
Arrowmen spent most of Saturday working on a variety of service projects around camp, contributing over 450 hours of service in the process. Some of the projects completed during the weekend include:
- Clearing brush and burning a camp burn pile
- Constructing a new firewood storage shelter near the dining hall
- Gutter cleaning
- Fixing a camp bulletin board
- Replacing window screens and cleaning windows on the dining hall
- Installing lights in the parking lot shelter
- Constructing new mini-daks in campsites
On Saturday evening, two Arrowmen sealed their membership by becoming Brotherhood members. The lodge also held an auction, brining in over $2,400 for the lodge leadership and NOAC accounts.
After a very successful Service Weekend, the lodge leadership now turns its focus toward providing two amazing induction weekends, planning the Annual Fellowship, forming its 2024 NOAC contingent, and preparing to launch its 80th Anniversary celebrations.